The law gives you certain privacy rights in relation to information that you give to this medical practice. We need your consent to collect personal information about you.
The fact that you have presented here following referral from a medical practitioner, implies that you consent to us knowing about your health situation, either a particular event or generally. This form explains what your rights are over the use of information and how we may disclose it to other medical service providers.
Please carefully read the following information about privacy issues then sign this form where indicated below. It will go on your file and you may examine it or change it at any time.
The information we may ask you to give us is personal, but not having it will restrict our capacity to provide you with the standard of medical care that you expect.
The main reason we collect information from you is so we can assess, diagnose and treat your illness/illnesses properly and be pro-active in your health care.
We will also use the information you provide in the following ways:
- Administration of this medical practice including billing and compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements.
- Disclosure to others involved in your health care i.e. onward referrals to medical specialists outside this practice, for further or ongoing treatment, tests etc. who may become involved in treating you / your child, may be required.
- Disclosure to others for medical defense purposes if necessary.
- Disclosure to other doctors, residents and registrars attached to the practice for purpose of patient care and teaching. Please let us know if you do not want your records accessed for these purposes, and we will note this on your record.
- Disclosure for research activities to improve individual patient, medical and community health care, quality assurance and practice management.
You will be informed when such activities are being conducted and given the opportunity to ‘not participate’ or have any involvement in the above mentioned.